Day 1 – 1 November
0830 – Registration and Welcome Refreshments
kindly sponsored by OTESAT_MARITEL
0900 – Opening Notes from Conference Chair
Nick Lambert, Maritime Domain Expert, NLA Ltd.
0910 – Details to be announced
Panagiotis Falidouris, General Manager, Marlink CG
0935 – The changing landscape of Maritime Communication
• NEXT program update
• Report on successful launches
• Roadmap for future launch plan
• Certus technology overview
• Certus services going LIVE!
• Latest new on terminals and testing
• Commercial program Update
• Technical integration
• Update on progress and path ahead
• Next steps
Kyle Hurst, Director Maritime Business, Iridium Communications
1000 – Panel Discussion Moderated by Rob O’Dwyer, Editor, Digital Ship
Barbara Bersani, Head of Sales Europe South and MEA, Marlink
Manuel Valero, Sales Manager, Telenor Satellite
Michiel Meijer, Senior Director Market Management, Inmarsat Maritime
Marc Flanagan, EMEA Director - IoT & Embedded, Dell
With further panellists to be announced
1045 – Tea/Coffee Break
kindly sponsored by EPSCO-RA
1115 – Everything as a Service – Implementing Agile IT Onboard Vessels
Panagiotis Gavalas, Director of Operations, IQ Solutions SA
and David Tropp Hag, Sales Director EMEA, KVH Industries A/S
1140 – GDPR and its Effect on the Maritime Industry and Cyber Security
• What the regulations mean for ship managers and what are the pitfalls the industry needs to be aware of
Ian MacLean, Partner, Hill Dickinson LLP
1205 – Cyber Threats in Maritime: Navigating in an Uncharted Territory
• What is changing in the industry from a digital point of view
• What are the major cybersecurity threats affecting the industry
• What does the transportation industry do about cyber security?
• What is next, going forward
Panagiotis Papagiannakopoulos, Director, Head of Cybersecurity, Data Protection & Privacy Advisory Services, EY (Ernst & Young Business Advisory Solutions S.A.)
1230 – Hacking and Cyber Risks in Shipping. It Just Got Real.
• What are the practical and legal risks for shipowners and operators?
• How to allocate risks under contracts
• Insurance issues
• How do you protect yourself and mitigate against cyber risks?
Electra Panayotopoulos, Partner, HFW
1255 – The Cybersecurity Policy Framework and Cyber Insurance
• The NIS Directive and what it means for the maritime sector. The NIS Directive is a key piece of EU cybersecurity legislation that should be transposed into National Law by EU MS by May 2018 and will include cybersecurity provisions (baseline security measures & incident reporting) for Operators of Essential Services, with Water Transport being identified as a sector of essential services
• Overview of relevant past ENISA work (Maritime, SCADA etc.)
• Overview of ENISA work on cyber insurance, our view of the EU cyber insurance market and its main growth drivers and key recommendations to the cyber insurance industry
Dr. Athanasios Drougkas, Officer in NIS - European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA)
1320 – Lunch & Exhibition Showcase
kindly sponsored by Tototheo Maritime
1420 – Panel Discussion: Cyber Security: The Human Element
Moderated by: Howard Hughes, Chief Technology Officer, Tototheo
Katerina Raptaki, IT Manager, Navios
George Efthimiou, IT Department & Security Expert, Gourdomichalis Maritime S.A
With further panellists to be announced
1500 – 3D Printing in the Maritime Sector
• Additive vs subtractive manufacturing
• Definition – processes - materials
• 3D printing Impact
• Lessons learned from the introduction of additive manufacturing in other industries
• Additive manufacturing in/and the shipping industry
• The spare parts supply chain in the shipping industry
Dr. Nikitas Nikitakos, Professor and Evanthia Kostidi, PhD Candidate, Dept. of Shipping Trade and Transport, University of the Aegean
1525 – Improving Fleet Communications and Data Flows – a Case Study
Konstantinos Stais, IT & Telecoms Operations Supervisor, Thenamaris Ships Management Inc. & Thomas Heide, Sales Manager, Dualog
1550 – Tea/Coffee Break
1615 – Distributed Ledgers for Engineered Systems: Hype or Hope?
• What are distributed ledger and blockchain technologies
• What engineering challenges could distributed ledger and blockchain technologies potentially address?
• What are the key characteristics of distributed ledger and blockchain technologies that make them an appropriate solution?
• What are the inherent challenges associated with using these technologies?
Gary Pogson, Innovation Owner, Lead Specialist, The Lloyd’s Register Foundation and The Alan Turing Institute
1640 – Digitalization Enabling Efficiency of Marine Operations
Bent Erik Bjorkly, General Manager Strategic Initiatives, Kongsberg Maritime AS and Matt Duke, Vice President, Digital Platform. Kongsberg Digital AS
1705 – Big Data KPI-Based Ship Management Practices
Dimitris Theodossiou, Managing Director, Danaos
1730 – Conference Conclusions followed by AMMITEC AGM and Exhibition Showcase and Networking Reception until
Day 2 – 2 November
0900 – Registration and Welcome Refreshments
0930 – Roundtable Sessions
Moderated by: Martin Jarrold, Chief, International Programme Development, Co-Chair, Maritime SatCom Forum, GVF
These roundtables are open to all participants (end users, suppliers, sponsors etc) and will take place simultaneously – all hosted by key partners and sponsors. Each table can host up to 10 participants, and delegates will be invited to sign up throughout the first day of the conference (1 November) to the roundtable they wish to attend, via our interactive WebApp.
The content in these interactive Round Table sessions will be focused on solutions and business strategy and they will last for 1.5 hours in total, with the discussion itself lasting 45 minutes, followed by 45 minutes for a short summary from each table to the whole room.
1. Examining the True Business Impact of Maritime VSAT
• How VSAT be harnessed to improve daily business operations, safety and crew welfare
• VSAT as an enabler to automation and digitalization
• Justifying the investment and overcoming the complexities of maritime VSAT
Hosted by Panagiotis Falidouris, General Manager, Marlink CG
2. Maritime Cyber Security and Resilience
Hosted by Michiel Meijer, Senior Director Market Management, Inmarsat Maritime
3. Remote Monitoring: Hype or Future
4. Autonomous Shipping – Assessing the Future Legacy
5. Big Data Platforms and Collaborations
6. Vessel Efficiency and Performance Management
7. Blockchain and Maritime Trade
8. GDPR and the Implications
1100 – Tea/Coffee Break
1300 – Lunch and Exhibition Showcase
1400 – Walk on the Dark Side: A Practical Workshop on Maritime Cyber Resilience
Ewan Robinson from Yangosat will use this bespoke workshop to demonstrate the realities of a cyber security system, and will take the audience on walk through the dark web, highlighting vulnerabilities and risks.
Hosted by: Ewan Robinson, Director, Yango Satellite Communications
Open to all conference participants.
1500 – Conference Finishes